Sunday, August 2, 2009

5 Days and Counting...

I am now 5 days away from surgery, and I'm wondering how it got here so fast. I still feel like I have a ton of things to do before surgery.

Pre-Op Diet....well all I can say is "yuck." I received my chocolate and vanilla high protein shakes in the mail and my husband has been experimenting with different ways to fix them. I am liking the chocolate over the vanilla, but then again I'm a chocolate lover! I have stuck to my diet and had 2 shakes a day, and low Atkins style meal in the evening. It hasn't been as bad as I thought and I only have 5 days left of shakes! (Whew)

I am definitely getting more excited. Possibly a little nervous too but definitely excited. I have told my family and closest friends who I know will be a major support system for me. Only 3 people at work know right now. I haven't decided when to tell them before or after.....

Church was great today. Our Pastor gave a very inspirational message.

Well, I'm off to do laundry and such...

3 comments:

  1. We are all praying and have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your surgery! I am sure Kacy will update us on how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin, I am a friend of Kacy. I will be praying for you. I had a friend that had that surgery and has done very well. It is good to journal too. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete