Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Spring cleaning??

Well hello all!

Let me first start with a big thank you for all the prayers! They are much needed, and I appreciate them so much! Things are starting to even off at school. I haven't received any calls from the school or principal. Woo Hoo! We did have "Meet & Greet" the teacher night at Joshua's school and all went well. I have also personally emailed all of Joshua's teachers to let them know that the communication lines are OPEN! So we'll see how it goes!

My husband returned this weekend from a Men's Retreat at another church. He said it was spiritually fulfilling! Amen! That is exactly what I wanted for him. My husband spends most of his time ministering to others, that it was time for him to be ministered to. And he said it was great!

I had all weekend to clean and get the house ready for him to come home. (My kids probably weren't to happy because we cleaned a lot!) But I had candles lit and waiting for him when he arrived!

I had planned on working the holiday this week, but things didn't turn out that way. I have another old freezer (it's not self defrosting) in my kitchen that holds most of my meat and such. Well, late Sunday night before my hubby was to arrive, I noticed it was leaking. Yucky, sticky stuff was coming from the bottom of the door on the freezer. Well low and behold, somehow the door got jammed and wouldn't close, so it had been defrosting and leaking all over my kitchen and utility floor! Grrrrrrrr! So that is how I spent my holiday. Cleaning out that freezer. Most of the food was ruined. It was all thawed, and I don't know for how long. I'm talking ice cream also! So on Monday, when most people are relaxing and cooking out, I was cleaning out the freezer.

I'm not sure how it happened, but that lead to cleaning out the pantry, and then some drawers, and 4 different cabinets in my kitchen! My house is a total wreck now! It was like Spring cleaning in the Fall! I spent all that time trying to get the house clean, but you wouldn't be able to tell now. We have been doing a little in the evenings, but I'm ready for it to be done, and my house back in order! Man do I have more space now!

So that is how I spent my holiday and every evening this week. I keep thinking if I get more done tonight, that is less this weekend I will have to do. So if anyone is up for it, feel free to come over and help me clean out my kitchen cabinets and drawers. :)

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Robin, because I thought only things like that happen to me. All it takes is one thing to start you having to take the house apart. I hope this coming weekend will be a lovely relaxing one for you.

    Olana is a state park and is opened to tours everyday except in the winter. They have something going every week during the summer for kids and families. To see the castle/mansion in person along with the landscape is a site to behold. We used to hike through the woods especially during the Fall and picnic by the manmade lake Fredrick Church built for his wife. Hope this answers your questions.

    Have a lovely and blessed rest of the week my friend. ~Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I bet that was a blessing in disguise. I mean, you know someday you are going to have to clean it out, but you don't. Then this happens and you have to and well, I'm sure it felt good once it was all over. I bet your house is really clean now! *wink*

    ReplyDelete